Delish, easy and appetizing! Make this for company or yourself!
- 1 heavy large skillet
- 6 cutlets chicken (3-ounce) pounded to evenly flatten
- dashes salt and pepper to taste
- 6 slices prosciutto sliced paper thin
- 1 box frozen spinach (10-ounce) thawed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 can chicken broth (14-ounce) low salt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice fresh
- Place the chicken cutlets on the work surface. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Lay 1 slice of prosciutto on each chicken cutlet.
- Squeeze frozen spinach to remove the excess water. Season the spinach with salt and pepper and toss the prepared spinach on the prosciutto slices. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese evenly. Beginning at the tapered end of the chicken, roll each cutlet as if it is a jellyroll and secure with a toothpick.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a heavy large skillet over high heat. Add the chicken and cook until golden brown.
- Add the chicken broth and lemon juice (with the chicken). Bring the liquid to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium. Cover and simmer for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a platter. Continue to simmer the liquid until it is reduced to 2/3 cup (about 5 minutes). Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the toothpicks from the chicken and drizzle the reduced liquid over the chicken.
Brought to you by the team at Today’s Integrative Health.