Sweet Potato Curry with Chickpeas is such a great vegetarian dish, you won’t miss having meat at all! the sweet potatoes and chickpeas are so filling and the tomato sauce is so good.
Sweet Potato Curry with Chickpeas
- 2 whole onions red
- 1 clove garlic peeled
- 1 whole pepper hot with its seeds
- 2 whole ginger peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes hot
- 1 tsp cilantro ground
- 1 tsp cumin ground
- 1 tsp turmeric ground
- 2 lbs sweet potato peeled and cut into inch cubes
- 1/2 cup corn kernals
- 5 sticks celery
- 2 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 can tomatoes crushed
- 1 can coconut milk light
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add the olive oil, onion, carrots, celery and bell peppers. Sauté for 8 minutes, stirring often until the onions are translucent.
- garlic, ginger, corn, etc and curry powder. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in the rest of your ingredients.
- Bring to a heat, then reduce to simmer. Cover and cook for about 30 minutes until the sweet potatoes are tender and can be penetrated easily with a forkr.